Daily Prompt: We all know how to do something well — write a post that teaches readers how to do something you know and/or love to do.
Everyone loves cake, right?
Here is probably the quickest and easiest all-in-one sponge cake recipe ever made – and if a perfectionist like me can do the anyone can!
6oz of self-raising flour
- 6oz of sugar
- 6oz of margarine
- 3 eggs
- Add about 100g of mix-ins, whatever they may be, (optional)
- 50g of margarine
- 100g of icing sugar
- Place all the ingredients in a large bowl.
- Using either an electric whisk or just a wooden spoon, mix all of the ingredients together until you get a smooth, creamy mixture.
- Divide the mixture between two 7 inch cake tins, (but if you don’t have them you can always just improvise and pour the mixture in whatever cake or brownie tins you have!)
- Put in the oven for about 15 minutes, or until it is a light golden brown. You can also check if they are ready by lightly pressing on the sponge with a finger and seeing if it rises back up.
- Put the marg and icing sugar in a bowl.
- Blend together until light and creamy.
- Spread over cake!
So that’s it! Easy, quick and yummy!