Daily Prompt: Someone or something you can’t communicate with through writing (a baby, a pet, an object) can understand every single word you write today, for one day only. What do you tell them?
I know we like to pretend that you can understand every single word we say to you, but deep down, we know you can’t. So, just for today, I wanted to tell you this:
- I am sorry that we make you ‘talk’ in such a weird voice – but it’s just too cute!
- When we call you upstairs, it does not mean you will be having a bath (unless it’s Christmas).
- When we walk past the V – E – T s, it doesn’t mean you will be going in there – but when you do, I want you to know how sorry we are.
- When I stop stroking you, you give me such an evil look! I’m sorry, but I can’t pamper you all day.
- I am sorry for making fun of the fact you have no thumbs.
- I’m sorry for making fun of the fact you can’t lie on your back like most dogs can.
- Please don’t wipe your mouth on the sofa after eating – it’s messy and a strangely human thing to do!
- Try to be less antisocial around other dogs.
- Thank you for being so understanding when we talk about life after your death (sniff)
- I love you!