Daily Prompt: What makes a teacher great?
After having quite a few ‘difficult’ teachers over the years, this prompt is definitely one for me!
- Is passionate about the subject (instead of just counting down the seconds to retirement)
- Is motivating
- Adds variety to each lesson (instead of using exactly the same lesson plan as last month)
- Tells the class how to write at the standard they should be (it’s taken two years for a teacher to explain to me how to write an A level essay in comparison to a GCSE one)
- Cracks a joke or an anecdote now and again!
- Is decent at explaining things
- Sets homework that is actually relevant rather than wasting everyone’s time
- Marks work properly (more than once I have spent hours writing an essay, only to receive it back with a few ticks)
- (On the topic of marking) Doesn’t use peer assessment as an excuse not to mark the work themselves
- Is fun!
To all you good teachers out there – I respect you!