Daily Prompt: In Reason to Believe, Bruce Springsteen sings, At the end of every hard-earned day / people find some reason to believe. What’s your reason to believe?
For me, it’s the fact that mankind had managed to prosper on this earth for millions of years. Millions – that’s a long time! And hopefully for millions to come!
Because although at this current time, there are problems with economies, with war and with the negative stereotypes of so many generations and people in general, we have come a long, long way!
Just forget about the negatives and view the positives; think about the love, generosity, prosperity, intelligence and beauty of the world today – surely that’s a reason to believe?
Oh, and watch some videos of flash mobs on YouTube – they’ve made me realise that actually, people are pretty amazing!
Tags: All Things Cute and Beautiful, beautiful, believe, challenge, creativity, cute, Daily Post, Daily Prompt, Daily Prompt: Reason to Believe, happy, ideas, imagination, inspiration, life, love, music, people, postaday, reflective, unique, world
Daily Prompt: Have you made your bucket list? Now’s the time — write about the things you want to do and see before you become dust in the wind.
I’m not even sure myself right now! But I suppose this is my opportunity to dream and hope, and at some point I will hopefully have fulfilled them!
So here it is – sorry that it’s just a list; I just enjoy reading from bullet points on other people’s blogs so decided to do it myself. Plus, I’m very tired!
My Bucket List of Life:
Win a competition
- Sell a piece of art work one way or another
- Give something to a homeless person
- Write down some recipes in that recipe book I’ve had for two years but not yet written in!
- Go skinny dipping, (again)
- Hold or stroke a bat, (the mammal, that is)
- Go to a festival outside of Nottingham!
- Stand on top of a mountain and sing ‘Let I Go’ as loud as I can
- Go to the theatre
- Be part of a flash mob
- Pass my driving test at some point in the very near future!
Get a part-time weekend or evening job, (which, as I’m sure I’ve said/ranted about in previous posts, I can’t seem to get at the moment!)
Find a guy to go on lots of adventures with, and who preferably appreciates McFly and Disney, (and me!)
- Go on a holiday with all of my onesie friends before we all go our separate ways, (sob!)
- Go to Germany, practice my speaking skills and visit my exchange partner again
- Visit the Neuschwanstein Castle whilst I’m there
- Meet McFly again!
- Go to university and study English Language then Journalism, (pretty straight-forward, I’m hoping!)
- Become a journalist or writer soon after that and love it!
- Buy a small house or apartment, refurbish it in my own special way then rent it out, (this one’s a little random, but hey, that’s what I want to do!)
- Go on a trip around America and see all the sights, especially the Grand Canyon – perhaps a Route 66 road trip as well?
- Get married, (hopefully with the same guy!) and wear the perfect red wedding dress I’m always looking for, (that sounded a bit obsessive… but it’s always nice to be prepared!)
- Have a child or two, (not three!)
- Buy my own house and make it as quirky, cute and cosy as I can!
- Have an opportunity to do some travel writing
- Be happy!
Tags: All Things Cute and Beautiful, art, beautiful, believe, challenge, creativity, cute, Daily Post, Daily Prompt, Daily Prompt: Dust in the Wind, happy, ideas, imagination, inspiration, life, love, memories, people, postaday, story, travel, unique
Daily Prompt: Have you dreamt of becoming famous? What would your claim to fame be? Comedy? Acting? Writing? Race car driving? Go!
Well, I can cross comedy off the list! My stand-up humour probably isn’t the best out there! And as for driving… let’s not go there…
I think I would only want to be famous if I was one of those celebrities who is only known by a certain few. As in, people would only recognise me in the street if they were really interested in whatever it is I’m famous for.
Personally, I’d love to be a journalist in a home magazine, and perhaps become known for the quirky and quaint little interiors I’ve designed over the years. Something along those lines anyway! But ideally, I’d want to be recognised as being a travel writer – my dream! Maybe somebody would give me the opportunity to travel the world?
Tags: All Things Cute and Beautiful, beautiful, believe, challenge, creativity, cute, Daily Post, Daily Prompt, Daily Prompt: When Will I Be Loved?, happy, ideas, imagination, inspiration, life, love, people, postaday, travel
Leave a comment
Daily Prompt: We all feel down from time to time. How do you combat the blues? What’s one tip you can share with others that always helps to lift your spirits?
Sometimes I listen to McFly. That usually helps!
When your down, and lost,
And you need a helping hand
When your down, and lost
Along the way
Oh, just tell yourself
Aaaaaaaaah, I’ll be OK
Honestly, this song was written to fight off the blues. And just know that it will be OK!
(And a hot chocolate won’t do any harm either)
Tags: All Things Cute and Beautiful, beautiful, believe, blues, challenge, creativity, cute, Daily Post, Daily Prompt, Daily Prompt: Singing the Blues, happy, ideas, imagination, inspiration, life, love, music, people, postaday
Daily Prompt: Are you full of confidence or have you ever suffered from Imposter Syndrome? Tell us all about it.
I am certainly not full of confidence. But at the same time, I don’t see point in telling myself that I don’t deserve my success – if I’ve done something, then I’ve done it!
I’m the type of person who feels good about getting praise, just so long as I am happy about what its for. If I’m not, then I usually just thank the person anyway and take it as a compliment, even if I don’t believe it myself.
Turning down praise every time somebody hands it to you will just make you believe it even less!
Tags: All Things Cute and Beautiful, beautiful, believe, challenge, creativity, cute, Daily Post, Daily Prompt, Daily Prompt: The Great Pretender, happy, ideas, imagination, inspiration, life, love, people, postaday
Daily Prompt: For today’s prompt, tell us three things that you believe in your heart to be true. Tell us three things you believe in your heart to be false.
Three things I believe to be true:
Three things I believe to be false:
- Good will come to those who wait, (so what about the people who work their little socks off?!)
- Adults know everything, (not always)
- Some people are ugly, (you’re beautiful, it’s true!)
Tags: All Things Cute and Beautiful, beautiful, believe, challenge, creativity, cute, Daily Post, Daily Prompt, Daily Prompt: I Believe, happy, ideas, imagination, inspiration, life, love, people, postaday
Leave a comment
Just thought I’d post a photo of my nails this week seeing as they took so long to do:
I must have spent about five hours on these on Saturday, however, I am a bit of a perfectionist so I probably took twice the time it would take for anyone else to do them. I am extremely pleased with them and may do them again in the future – once I have recovered from the time it took on Saturday! Remember to persevere with whatever it is you are doing everyone!
Tags: All Things Cute and Beautiful, art, beautiful, believe, challenge, colour, creativity, cute, Disney, happy, ideas, imagination, inspiration, life, love, nail art, Peter Pan, unique
Leave a comment